Subscribe to RSS Feed

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Little Pixie

She was a lost, small dog. The first time she came around our neighbourhood, she was so skinny and light, I thought even the slightest wind would blow her away. I eventually gave in and took pity on her, secretly feeding her when no one's looking. They all told me not to, because she would become attached to me and not go away. I knew she wouldn't hurt a fly. She's even afraid of cats!

I thought of a suitable name for her. I looked at her as I fed her some biscuits. So, since her body is so small like a pixie, that's what I named her.

My dad then started to feed her too, and became attached to her, just as I am. The rest of our family members weren't too happy about that. She once came inside and chew on most of our shoes and slippers. But after that, I taught her not to come inside our house. She was clever enough, but sometimes she would get tempted to come in again.

She also seemed to know some tricks. When she's happy to see me or my dad, she would stretch her forelegs in front of her, like a modest bow, or she would stand up on her hindlegs and even twirl around in a short dance. She's so cute and lovable. Everyone else began to accept her. The Chinese family in front of our house, too. They originally disliked her, but they were the ones who took her in. She did have puppies with their dog, anyway. Her little male puppy looked exactly like her, with her trademark one floppy ear.

About two nights ago, my Cousin Haris and Uncle Mi came by. After dinner, I took Haris to meet Pixie. I asked her to follow me up the road, to show Haris how tame and nice Pixie is. She likes to walk or jog with me up and down the road in front of my house in the evenings. We would even race. Haris was so impressed.

I told Pixie to trust him and walk with him too. At first, she was hesitant and unsure but I encouraged her slowly. Soon, she went on a walk with Haris alone. The three of us sat in the middle of the road, just chilling under the night sky. As Haris said, that was a memorable moment.

And now she's gone.

This morning, the dog catchers came by and caught our little Pixie. Wrong timing... Why did they have to come in the morning? We all know Pixie's always exploring the neighbourhood in the morning. The other bad dogs that they were supposed to catch come out in the evening! Wrong timing... They caught the wrong dog, at the wrong time... I bet the other vicious dogs are still lurking around...

...and there will be no more Pixie shining in the night.

5 critiques:

Reogan said...

A truly tragic tale. I'm sorry for you.

Well written, though. Especially the last line.


If you care, allow me to explain how I found your blog. I started a Pokemon tale on my blog a few months ago. Since no one but the other blog authors read it, I thought it was time to generate traffic. I wanted to do this by posting the story on fanfiction.net, but at a 2-4 week delay, so that my blog would be a better place to read it. I didn't follow through on my plan because I didn't know if one could post links on that site. To check, I looked through some profiles (from the Pokemon section, of course). Your profile was the first I discovered with links, and I followed a link here. Once I saw the quality of your writing and that you also enjoy Pierce's works, I needed to comment.

Know you have a fan.

Tia said...

Why... I never realised I had a comment from someone. I never checked, because I don't think anyone read my blog, let alone comment. Thank you for your concern. May I know your name?

Reogan said...

I'm Reogan. Just Reogan. I'm sorry, but I don't use any other name online. I hope it doesn't bother you.

Tia said...

Ah, okay then. Reogan, it is. That means your FF.net name is Reogan, as well, no?

Reogan said...

Yes it is. That's where I publish my story Pokemon: The Golden Apocalypse.

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver