Subscribe to RSS Feed

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Swans (Life After Death)

Swans, swans,
Swans sing songs,
All night long,
Who knew how warm the islands were,

While the frogs look on,
It's what the birds prefer,
And it's still warm after the sun has gone,

I woke up thirsty the day I died,
And the tide was swirling,
My mouth is so dry,
And all I see is sea to shining seas,

Swans, swans,
Swans sing songs,
All night long,
Who knew how warm the islands would be,

And who knew just how much,
The sky covers me,
It makes you forget what it means to be free ,

I climbed into the blowhole,
In the ribs I found you,
With a wick, we lit a flame,
Now look at the smoke that it blew,

The mouth is so wide,
Yet all I see is sea,
And azure sky,
A little wave and ebb tide,

Rivers leak,
Salt seeps in,
Heals wounds,
Winds pry apart,

Swans, swans,
Swans sung songs,
Till the morning dawned on us,
And the sun-smudged peach moon still hung loose ,

Bones, bones,
Bones groan,
The sparrows in the trees we leave them for,
They love the marrow,

I'm thankful for my life,
I'm thankful for my life.

- Islands

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver