Subscribe to RSS Feed

Monday, October 19, 2009

Whale Wars

Whale Wars. Discovery Channel.

The series caught my interest and kept me very fascinated. It is full of emotions. It managed to make me feel touched. The first time I watched it, I was in awe. I immediately felt as if I could join them. I knew I would, if given the chance. I would strongly join them and give my all to saving the big, beautiful whales.

I'm very proud of the Sea Shepherds; the brave, valiant group of people dedicated to saving whales.

Volunteers have come from all over the world and boarded the ship dubbed the Steve Irwin in memory of the late Crocodile Hunter. Most of them are greenhorns and have not fully understood what they had to do. But along the way, out on the harsh sea, they saw the lovely whales and are reminded of their objective.

These people are willing to sacrifice their time, energy, freedom and even life for the sake of the whales. They are, to me, quite noble. I admire them.

The show kept me on my toes and I admit, I almost cried. The tense feeling was agonising and I was hoping so hard the Sea Shepherds would have things going their way.

And then my father came along and criticised them, saying that they were the rude ones, instead of the cruel Japanese whalers. He stubbornly mentioned that the Sea Shepherds should have let the higher authorities do the job and not take matters into their own hands.

Doesn't he understand that if they don't do something, the government won't take notice?! Because the government is NOT taking notice! They're NOT doing anything! That's why the Sea Shepherds are on the Steve Irwin out on the sea!

No, I don't like it when he starts to go overboard like this. I, as a great animal lover, am very sensitive to those stupid thoughts of his. I fought with him over this matter, yes.

I know I can't talk of this problem with any of my friends at school tomorrow, because they won't understand my deep love for animals. They'll probably laugh at me and tell me, "Sheesh, Athira, it's only a small matter..."

IT'S NOT A SMALL MATTER!

This concerns the poor, helpless whales in the ocean. Some bloody stupid humans are bloody killing them without sympathy! Can't they think rationally and think ahead? What of the future? What will the future generations look at anymore, if the whales are completely wiped out?

I don't want to tell my children or grandchildren that they can't find live whales on the planet anymore, because they are extinct. No, I want them to see live whales someday.

So, please... support the Sea Shepherds. Save the whales... please...

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver