Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Understanding

A speech by some random fat guy at school.

That was all that was needed to keep these shallow-minded idiots at my school thinkin'.

And apparently, it sparked a little argument... no, well, a conflict, between me and two of my best friends.

I realised that they thought of me as some mindless, spoilt rich brat that has fun for nothing.

They wanted to work for a living, and earn money, to survive in their future. They.. somewhat mocked me, by pointing out the fact that my parents have a lot of money so that I don't have to work after high school, while they, the lower classmen, have to suffer and work hard.

"What are you going to do after school finishes?" Natsuki asked.

Before I could answer, Mira said in a mocking voice, "Playing games... Doing artworks..."

I was taken aback by the mockery in her voice. How could she? Sure, I said that before, but why treat me like that? It's not like I'm going to waste my time completely. I realise that I have a future too. My type of future is just different from theirs.

I'm going to take up musical lessons again, in case I can become a part-time singer. Playing games and doing artworks are activities that inspire me. If I'm going to be an animator, don't I freakin' need inspiration and creativity? And If I could, I'd like to go travelling.

"Oh, right, travelling... Yeah... That's not work that gives you money," Mira added. "People like us need to work for money."

Travelling gives me inspiration too. We are young and are going to be free after high school. We have to enjoy and loosen up sometimes too. They were talking as if they were already bounded by responsibilities towards their own families already. Like, married. They're not.

I'm not...

They should just continue their studies in a college or university, not work in some crappy factory like they were thinking of doing. At least, get a respectable part-time job at a small clinic or a mall or something. Factory-workers are not my best friends' standards. They are smart and brilliant, not to be made slaves.

I know I'm not that good in school. But I do have thoughts in my mind. I do think. I know I'm smart, in a way. Not a book-smart, definitely, but smart, I am. They mark me as carefree, but I care about them.

Have they forgotten who taught them to use English more widely? Have they forgotten who constantly reminded them about the importance of becoming more eco-friendly? Have they forgotten who their best friend was?

I love them. But I cannot stand by the sidelines as they criticise me like that. I will not tolerate it. So I fought back.

Fortunately, thanks to my common sense, I fought back only distinctively. I need not cause a big argument between us out of this. As if we haven't enough problems already... Sigh. I know Natsuki will start fighting with Ashraf anytime again soon, and Mira could break down emotionally anytime soon, too.

So, I just made my point and backed off.

They have not understood me. But then again, it could be me who doesn't understand them.

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver