Subscribe to RSS Feed

Friday, January 22, 2010

Robotic beauty

I've been listening to only my Indie Rock songs lately, and realised that even robot-related songs could leave these... touched feelings in me. They're deep, I can feel it. How beautiful songs can be, instilling feelings in people, especially the artistic ones.

I could just close my eyes and wander into a land of dreams and imagination, with indiependent music flowing through my ears. Beauty...

Death To Los Campesinos! - Los Campesinos!

Broken down like a war economy,
Father Führer, don't be mad at me,
Peasant child, you're into botany,
Splitting necks and calling it dichotomy,
"Beware", the sign on the door suggests,
I'm better off with artificial intelligence,

I invented you,
I invented you,
And I will destroy you,

If you catch me with my hands in the till,
I promise, sugar, I wasn't trying to steal,
I'm just swimming in copper,
To smell and pretend,
Like a robot,

Oh, whoa, hoo~

Well, if a leopard doesn't change it's spots,
You can't change my perceptions just from dots to dots,
I swap the bruising for a bumping sensation,
I'll be Ctrl-Alt-deleting your face with no reservations,
And we'll stop fighting once your circuit board's igniting,
Singing, "I'm not finished, I'm not finished! No!"

Mistaking cables for veins can be quite misleading,
Friction sparks, the metal made it look like bleeding,

If you catch me with my hands in the till,
I promise, sugar, I wasn't trying to steal,
I'm just swimming in copper,
To smell and pretend,
Like a robot.

Oh, whoa, hoo~

Citizens of Tomorrow - Tokyo Police Club

No, we can't.

See the ruins of the old world below,
That's what our ancestors left us.
Our robot masters will know,
How to clean this mess up,
And build a better world,
For man and machine alike,
For the boys and the girls,
Who are slaves building spaceships at night,
In the fluorescent light.
That's 2009.

No, we can't, no, we won't, no, we can't, no, we won't.

On cold frosty Martian mornings,
The chill on my breath is red,
Redder than my mother's blood,
When she turned to me and said,
"This is not how we planned it,
But we've gotten ahead of ourselves,
Computers rule the planet,
And the Moon and Mars as well,
We lost the fight."
That's 2009.

I have a microchip,
Implanted in my heart,
So if I try to escape,
The robots will blow me apart,
And my limbs will go flying,
And land before the ones that I love,
Who would wail and would weep,
But the robots would keep them at bay,
While I shut my eyes,
For the very last time.
Citizens of tomorrow be forewarned.

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver