Subscribe to RSS Feed

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cooking the weekend away

I had a good weekend at my parents' house. I kidnapped Shaby along with me since we both had been sick and tired of living on little food, although that's part of our diet. My brother picked us up (after ending up lost somewhere, as expected) and we wasted no time going to Tesco and the bakery store to buy groceries for our cooking needs.

Day 1: Chicken cordon bleu paired with creamy mushroom sauce and buttered spinach.
Day 2: Roasted garlic parmesan spaghetti and quiche.
Day 3: Sweet sour fish fritters with onions and carrots.

I feel so satisfied and accomplished, since everyone liked the dishes so much. My mother even invited my aunts, uncle and cousins over and declared that she'll be retiring from the role of the cook of the house. When Moksu Shidah's family arrived, I jumped for joy, in my apron and all, since I haven't seen them in a while. They were all dressed formally and I asked them if they really thought I was having a kenduri. They fooled me, joking with me, saying they thought Omar was coming to propose to me already, haha. Uncle Nashar spouted some random, generic Mexican names, having a go at guessing his name, lololol. There was Juan, Monte Carlos and whatnot. I don't even- XD

We went to Jusco that night, to shop for clothes and then drove all the way over to Subang to drop Mokde and Azli off. We had dinner at this restaurant called Te Amo, which pleased me that it was Mexican/Spanish for I love you, ahaha. Omar uses it on me, so I'd know better. |D

Now I find myself casually reminiscing our romantic times with my friend, Minori and not getting too worked up about it. I guess I've finally realized to just leave him alone to work, and he'll come around when he has time. Also, I keep searching for recipes I could use, for cooking practice. I even gave Vanessa a random curry laksa recipe yesterday, lol. Now I feel like learning how to make laksa from Mama. Apparently there's also laksa Johor, but I wanna try laksa Penang first. :P




0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver