Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cendol







I was walking back home from school, meaning to take my usual route through the abandoned hall in my neighbourhood, but I saw 4 of my classmates on the other side of the road. They were Lia, Ekin, Natsuki and Ashraf. I didn't know they planned to go somewhere together, therefore called out for them loudly. They couldn't hear me, but Ekin coincidentally turned around and saw me. I waved at her and she prompted the others to look.

We shouted at each other, from across the big road.

"Hey! Where are you guys going?"

"We're going to go eat cendol together! Wanna come?"

I gave it a quick thought and decided to tag along. I crossed the road and went over to them, meowing. While I snapped pictures, Lia somehow managed to accidentally rip the hem of her school uniform's skirt. Of course we had lots of laughter along the way.

At the bus stop in front of the police station, near the cendol stall, Lia and Ekin decided to tell us a story about a certain policeman who once creeped the hell out of them. Apparently, the said policeman was right behind them, whom Ashraf, Natsuki and I could see but not recognise at the time. So there Lia and Ekin were, making fun of the policeman and laughing at him (we laughed too) while he stood like a tree behind them.

Natsuki suddenly realised the possibility of that man being the police officer Lia and Ekin were talking about and pointed behind them, saying, "Hah! There! Isn't that the man?"

Lia and Ekin turned to look back and shrieked in surprise when they found out that it was him! They were so embarrassed and tried to hide their faces. He was at the cendol stall all along. We moved on to take our seats at the stall, anyway and he sort of shouted at us, accusing us of many things such as stealing other kids's schoolbags and dating illegally. Even I was confused for a second or two, whether he was joking or not. Not only that, he dared approach us and slap Ashraf on the back for no reason at all. Lia and Ekin were right; he IS creepy.

He soon left, however, much to our relief, and we were able to place our orders. We chatted, and laughed out loud. Now here comes another creepy man. It seemed that he was sneering at us, saying that girls shouldn't be laughing that hard. Lia, Ekin and I were like, muttering under our breaths, "Whatever..."

Once he was gone, Ekin whispered a tale about him. He is actually known by people around that area for being a busybody and a heavy gossiper. It's obvious that he isn't liked by the public. After a certain bad discovery for him, Ekin thought that he would have repented and stop meddling in everyone else's affairs, but seeing him there at the cendol stall, mocking us, assured her that he has not.

Despite that, I enjoyed spending time with my dear friends as I slurped on my sweet beverage. I really hope that we could do this more often.

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver