Subscribe to RSS Feed

Friday, August 21, 2009

Decision

It was recess time.

My friends and I have bought our food from the canteen. Feeling desperately hungry, we had to resort to their poorly-prepared food. Lia, Mira, Natsuki and I had walked to the canteen together.

We sat at the end of the long grandstand; our usual place, where a big tree provided some cool shade for us. Natsuki sat on my right side, and we were talking, while taking occasional bites on our food.

Suddenly, as I clamped my mouth on the bread I was eating, Natsuki mumbled, "Oh, 2 o'clock. Or maybe 1 o'clock."

I wanted to look at her weirdly but out of the corner of my eyes, I saw him walking in our direction.

"Oh, 2 o'clock, definitely. He's coming to 1 and 12 soon..." I mumbled back at her, unable to hold back a grin.

He must have walked that way just to see me, but as always, we only greeted each other with a quick smile and nod. Ah, egoistic men are just shy men. After he left, I continued talking to Natsuki as though nothing happened. He should see that I'm doing quite fine without having to follow him around like an obsessed little lovestruck fan.

...And that was merely a figure of speech.

So, anyway, Sam came along and sat next to me. Natsuki and I had already run out of topics to say, so I turned to him and tried to start up a chat. Besides, a certain someone just had to come and steal her away from us, as usual, even though he wasn't supposed to, and didn't have the rights anymore. Though most of the time, Sam and I ate in silence, staring out at the vast field in front of us.

He suddenly spoke up.

"I've made my decision," he said confidently.

As he elaborated on his particular decision, I listened intently and was proud to see that he was adamant about it. I mean, it was a pretty big decision and that could change his life forever. I hope he knows what he's doing, all for his own good. I don't want him to regret his decision, because the feeling of regret really is nasty. I don't want my best friend to have to go through all that hell. I didn't discourage him.

I know that even though his mind could change the very next day, or week, or month, or year or even several years, or not at all, I just want him to know that it's good to decide on something now. It's the act or attempt of making a big decision that determines the value of a person's soul. As his best friend, I will support him all the way.

I gave him a reassuring smile.

We looked out to the field together again. His daredevil sister, Xhuang E was coming towards us. We quietly waited for her to come closer to us. The person who was talking to Natsuki was leaving, and going into her way. She gave him a -playful and harmless- glare and held her hand up to him like a gun. It was as if she was provoking him. He, obviously, had that weirded-out look on his face, avoiding her finger from poking him in the eye. She kept jerking her 'gun' at him as though he threatened her before. Which he didn't.

It was hilarious to watch. Sam and I laughed and giggled in unison.

0 critiques:

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver